[K12OSN] classroom teachers

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 18:22:12 UTC 2006

On 6/29/06, Daniel Howard <dhhoward at comcast.net> wrote:
> A thought: How about a web site for teachers with lesson plans posted by
> teachers (www.OpenLessons.org or similar) where those of us more
> familiar with some of the OSS apps available (or can take the moments to
> search or email schoolforge collegues to find apps) can then integrate
> the OSS apps into the lesson plans?  Basically, teachers just do what
> they're already doing (lesson plans) and we help them find OSS apps to
> enhance the lessons.  The site can have other info besides lesson plans
> useful for teachers using OSS in classrooms of course.

Both Openlessons.org and Openlessons.com are taken, the latter being a
site with resources for learning about FLOSS programs, but not really
for educators.

I've made a link on the K12OpenSource.com site for "Lesson Plans" that
goes to the wiki http://openlessons.wikispaces.com and that could
serve as a good place for this.  I posted Daniels initial email there.
 If someone wants to outline the categories for the lesson plans, we
can be on our way.  We can also promote this at NECC big time.

Steve

--
Steve Hargadon
steve at hargadon.com