[K12OSN] v5 beta9 install notes

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Fri Jun 30 16:48:12 UTC 2006

Eric,
I tried installing via ftp last night and my gdm is dead, too. Plain
vanilla install using the defaults. I tried using yum update and that
made it worse as a bunch of cyrillic characters go across the screen
before I can copy down the error.

I'd previously installed beta4 on the same system with no hitch but had
issues with yumex so tried to do a fresh install instead.

Also a lot of errors are thrown during boot - access denied and services
failing. Could this be due to SELinux?

I don't have the command line chops Jim does to sort things out at the
moment as we are about to be off for the weekend.

Regards,
William