Re: [K12OSN] Picasa...also now on LInux!

David Trask skrev:
First, if you've never used Picasa (a photo album/editing program from
Google) then you need to give it a try....it rocks!  I've been using it
for some time now...and I love it.  I tell folks to avoid installing the
software that comes with their digital camera and simply use
Picasa....it's so much better.  The editing tools are cool....the
cataloging is automatic like iPhoto...only more so....and I love the ease
with which I can share my photos online with any one of many services like
Kodak EasyShare Gallery, Walmart, RitzPhoto, Shutterfly, Snapfish, and
many others.  Simply select the pics....click "order prints" (a bit of a
misnomer) and it will create an online album for you to share using
whatever service you use (most are free...I use the Kodak EasyShare
Gallery).  It's free program and it's available from Google.  BUT...the
best part?  It's now available for Linux!  And it looks and
works....exactly the same as the Windows version.  I installed it on my
Ubuntu laptop.....it's very slick.  I just hooked up my digital
camera....it recognized it right away and away we go!  Very cool.

I have tried it also, and I agree, it works well. One thing is not so good though. When you launch it and tells it to look through the entire computer for images, it actuallt finds every image on the server. That is a lot. I want it only to find images within the students home-folders.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Regards
Trond Maehlum

If you've longed for something that approaches the ease of iPhoto on
Windows or Linux....this is it!

http://picasa.google.com/

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director