[K12OSN] Picasa...also now on LInux!

Trond Mæhlum trond at maehlum.net
Thu Jun 1 06:47:32 UTC 2006

David Trask skrev:
> First, if you've never used Picasa (a photo album/editing program from
> Google) then you need to give it a try....it rocks!  I've been using it
> for some time now...and I love it.  I tell folks to avoid installing the
> software that comes with their digital camera and simply use
> Picasa....it's so much better.  The editing tools are cool....the
> cataloging is automatic like iPhoto...only more so....and I love the ease
> with which I can share my photos online with any one of many services like
> Kodak EasyShare Gallery, Walmart, RitzPhoto, Shutterfly, Snapfish, and
> many others.  Simply select the pics....click "order prints" (a bit of a
> misnomer) and it will create an online album for you to share using
> whatever service you use (most are free...I use the Kodak EasyShare
> Gallery).  It's free program and it's available from Google.  BUT...the
> best part?  It's now available for Linux!  And it looks and
> works....exactly the same as the Windows version.  I installed it on my
> Ubuntu laptop.....it's very slick.  I just hooked up my digital
> camera....it recognized it right away and away we go!  Very cool.

I have tried it also, and I agree, it works well. One thing is not so
good though. When you launch it and tells it to look through the entire
computer for images, it actuallt finds every image on the server. That
is a lot. I want it only to find images within the students home-folders.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Regards
Trond Maehlum