[K12OSN] LTSP over a T1 wan connection

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Jun 2 19:59:04 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 13:56 -0300, Ramon wrote:
> Well I think everyone someday thought about building a scenario with
> k12 remotely doing a terminal service, I have rethinked about it and I
> think it's just not worth it for now. Bandwidth hogging would even
> make your remote server slower, I think maybe 20 years from now
> internet links will get cheaper and it will be a good solution by
> then, for now it's better off just making a server on each site and
> making good use of the LTSP technology.

For some small number of clients it should work to burn the
bootable CD's from the thinstation or pxes projects and set
them up to connect via xdm to your remote server.  I think the
pxes version also offers an nx client that would help with
bandwidth if you can get freenx working reliably.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com