[K12OSN] pre-school thru Kindergarten

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Sun Jun 4 15:21:05 UTC 2006

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 04:14:50 -0700 (PDT)
Rob Owens <hick518 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm proposing K12LTSP to my son's preschool.  They
> have infants through kindergarten at the school.  Can
> anybody recommend specific packages that I might want
> to show off to them?  Childsplay and Gcompris are
> definites, but I thought maybe some of you may have
> discovered some programs I haven't seen, buried in
> some obscure repository somewhere....
>
> Thanks
>
> -Rob

My 2 youngest are pre-school kids (age 3 and 4), and I use LTSP here at
home.  The littlest ones have ICEWM with Child's Play, Frozen Bubble,
Tux Paint and Firefox in the toolbar.  They have no problem picking out
which one they want to play.  As for the Internet, I put together their
own start page.  You can see it at
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org/kids.html   I also did some things within
ICEWM to make it easier to use Firefox (No minimize button for example).
 I would be happy to share the kids ~/.icewm/  folder for some of the
other changes I did.