[K12OSN] OS X LDAP & Linux Clients

I know this has been discussed here before, but I was curious to know if anyone can refer me to some of the archives or possibly some good articles on integrating an LDAP directory residing on a MacOS X Server with Linux clients (auto mounting home directories is the most important part). I am going to tackle this as a project this summer in my District and will be working with the District's OS X Admin to facilitate the process. The idea is to have our students be able to access their home directories residing on the District XServes from my Linux TC labs without "manually" mounting the server via a GUI Samba client as they can right now.

Thanks,

Mike Picone

Will Turner: "This is either madness... or brilliance."
Capt. Jack Sparrow: "It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide."

District Technician - Linux Support
Computer/Network Technician
Gresham-Barlow School District