[K12OSN] grub-install (OT)

Howdy gang

In trying to come up with a dual partition hard drive image (W2000/LNX) and in the process I've wiped out GRUB several times, especially after trying to update the W2000 side of the partition. Several sources mention using grub-install to rebuild the booting side, but I haven't found a reliable way of accessing this app. Can someone please suggest a way of doing this, and include source path and needed commands?

Also, has anybody successfully created an image of a dual boot? This is my project of the week, and I am running low on options...

Thanks for the help and support you provide

Alan Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX
http://links.episd.org/