Re: [K12OSN] group password

Thanks Martin!  Now if  I could only get it to work.   Whatever I do I get this:

usage: chpasswd [-e]

man chpasswd has this:

CAVEATS
      The input file must be protected if it contains unencrypted passwords.

So I tried chmodding my input file to 600.....no good.  i'm not sure
how to encrypt a passwod with the command line so I changed one of my
users with webmin and copied the encryped pw into my input file with
"find and replace"   With that file i tried the command with the -e
switch.....no good.  What the heck am i doing wrong?

Thanks,
Peter

On 6/8/06, Martin Woolley <sysadmin handsworth bham sch uk> wrote:
On Wednesday 07 Jun 2006 19:10, Peter Hartmann wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to set a login password for a group of users.  I
> need to change this password often and I'm getting tired of doing it
> manually.  I've tried setting a password for the group that these
> users belong to in Webmin and setting a user in the group to 'no
> password required' but the having the group password set has no
> apparent effect on the login process and the user isn't required to
> enter a pw.   Is there a way to do this?

One method could be setup a file with a bunch of uname:passwd entries and then
do a man chpasswd.
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster bgfl org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation