[K12OSN] Question about GRUB

Ted Kanemori ted at hisurf.com
Fri Jun 9 05:04:50 UTC 2006

We have a lab of 28 diskless clients running off a server with K12LTSP
4.2.3EL.
The clients all have PXE bootable NICs.
Without a disk, it does a network boot without a boot diskette.
I installed a disk and loaded it with Windows98SE (for a unique school
need), then loaded 4.2.3EL as a personal desktop.
It's now set up to dual boot to Win98 or Centos.
We'd like to put it back on-line with the LTSP server.
I think that would mean a 3rd entry in the /boot/grub/grub.conf file.
At present, I can change the delay time and alter the default boot OS by
changing the file.
What would I need to add(the syntax) to the grub.conf file to make it
boot off the PXE NIC?
Is there anything else that I need to change/add/do?

********************

# grub.conf generated by anaconda

#

# Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this
file

# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that

#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.

#          root (hd0,1)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda3

#          initrd /initrd-version.img

#boot=/dev/hda

default=0

timeout=15

splashimage=(hd0,1)/grub/splash.xpm.gz

hiddenmenu

title Windows98SE

	rootnoverify (hd0,0)

	chainloader +1

title CentOS-4 i386 (2.6.9-22.0.2.EL)

	root (hd0,1)

	kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-22.0.2.EL ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet

	initrd /initrd-2.6.9-22.0.2.EL.img