Re: [K12OSN] Question about GRUB

Ted Kanemori wrote:
We have a lab of 28 diskless clients running off a server with K12LTSP
4.2.3EL.
The clients all have PXE bootable NICs.
Without a disk, it does a network boot without a boot diskette.
I installed a disk and loaded it with Windows98SE (for a unique school
need), then loaded 4.2.3EL as a personal desktop.
It's now set up to dual boot to Win98 or Centos.
We'd like to put it back on-line with the LTSP server.
I think that would mean a 3rd entry in the /boot/grub/grub.conf file.
At present, I can change the delay time and alter the default boot OS by
changing the file.
What would I need to add(the syntax) to the grub.conf file to make it
boot off the PXE NIC?
Is there anything else that I need to change/add/do?

Ted,

I am not sure what our grub.conf looks like, but we have McKinley set up this way. If you come by Saturday I can a. Show you how it looks and b. Show you how to modify your own grub.conf. I imagine that the NICs are all pretty similar, so you should be able to use the same image.

--scott

--
R. Scott Belford
Founder/Executive Director