[K12OSN] trouble with custom launcher and sshfs

I made a custom launcher that runs a script which
mounts a folder using sshfs.  The launcher is set to
"Run in terminal" and the script it runs is:

#!/bin/bash
sshfs user server:/home/user /home/user/mount_point
echo "Press <ENTER> to continue"
read

When I click the launcher, it opens a terminal and
mounts the remote user's home directory.  But when I
hit enter, causing the terminal window to disappear,
the remote directory is unmounted.  (Boy, did it take
me a long time to figure out that's what was
happening...)

So how do I get the remote directory to stay mounted
without keeping the launcher's terminal window open
for the entire session?

Thanks for the help.

-Rob