[K12OSN] Keyboard layout does'nt want to stick

Greetings to all.
I have this keyboard problem that refuses to stick to another layout, keeps coming back to US layout.
I'm using K12LTSP V4.4.1
lts.conf is modified to another layout (cf) and the default environment is KDE.
When a i first boot a terminal and get into a user session, i get the US layout. I go into the KDE control panel and it defaults to the right layout as indicated in lts.conf, that is cf so i accept that layout. As long as i dont get out of the session, all is well until i logout.
This is annoying cause we need the root password in KDE to change the keyboard layout.
Has anyone else have this problem?