[K12OSN] group password - chpasswd not working

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 21:43:08 UTC 2006

Kind of stuck here - My chpasswd command is really not working.  When
I type it chpasswd by itself I get:

chpasswd: can't lock password file

I removed .lock files for passwd and shaddow

I would  be REALLY gratefull for any help.  I can't seem to find much
information on this type of problem.

Thanks,
Peter