[K12OSN] is it safe to turn off GDM binary?

Hi all,

I am running FC 4 as a webserver, and don't need gdm to be running for day to day use ( I might need to start it if I log on at the console).
Is it safe to turn off GDM-Binary. Google tells me that GDM binary is a "wrapper" for a variety of GDM functions. I assume that it can safely be shut off, but I wanted to check with the experts first.

Thanks!

John