[K12OSN] Shutting clients down: was tight vnc connection to ltsp client refused (111 error)

Angus Carr acarr at saskforestcentre.ca
Wed Jun 14 17:10:15 UTC 2006

Could you not set up a cron job which fires off a local program on the
terminal?
ssh -l root ${TERMINAL} haltsys

As long as there is appropriate keying, and the keys in use don't have
passphrases, it should be no problem.

I keep thinking an automated shutdown with our kiosk terminals would be
great. I keep meaning to set up the automatic turning on features, too,
but I'm not sure I want to. I'd have to send the wake on lan magic
packet, but my terminals (Old Dell's) aren't responding. One day, I will
figure it out, but that day is not today.

Angus Carr.