[K12OSN] advice needed: Moving to Open Office

Burke Almquist balmquist at mindfirestudios.com
Sat Jun 17 05:27:15 UTC 2006

This same thing can happen in the same versions of Word if you are on
computers that have different fonts installed. It's not an OpenOffice
issue as much as a font issue. Secondly, Word and OpenOffice are Word
Processors, not Desktop Publishing programs. They aren't designed for
layout consistency like Publisher, Scribus, Quark, InDesign...
That's the fundamental problem, you are using a word processor when
the tool you apparently really want is a DTP program.