Re: [K12OSN] advice needed: Moving to Open Office

This same thing can happen in the same versions of Word if you are on computers that have different fonts installed. It's not an OpenOffice issue as much as a font issue. Secondly, Word and OpenOffice are Word Processors, not Desktop Publishing programs. They aren't designed for layout consistency like Publisher, Scribus, Quark, InDesign... That's the fundamental problem, you are using a word processor when the tool you apparently really want is a DTP program.