Re: [K12OSN] ping not responding to name

Do you have a master browser setup? Is you SAMBA machine a PDC?
What can you tell us about your setup.

On Jun 14, 2006, at 2:15 PM, Krsnendu Dasa wrote:

Hi,
I have a K12LTSP 4.2.1 set up with SMBLDAP authentication.
When I try to ping a computer in the windows workgroup by name it never responds. It does respond to the ip address however. It also takes a long time for all the computers in the workgroup to come up when you click "View workgroup computers" in windows. Another thing that seems related it that a short time after installing SMBLDAP and a couple of new windows xp computers my cygwin logons to K12LTSP became really slow. (Like ten minutes.)

Any clues how to fix this?
Is it to do with Wins, dns etc.?

--
Please use my new email address-