[K12OSN] Beta 9 does not install on system with zero channel i20

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Sat Jun 17 16:34:55 UTC 2006

I have tried installing Beta8 and Beta9 on my system which has an Adaptec 2010s zero channel controller.  Anaconda crashes (at random points during the install).  I have selected the i20_block device for the install.  I do not see an option to selet dpt_i2o as the driver.  From Adaptec's website, there are not any applicable downloads.

To check my sanity, I have also installed 4.4.1 and 4.2.3EL on the same system over the last 24 hours.  Both of these versions install without issues.  However, beta9 will not install.

The only clue I have that it 'should' work is from
http://i2o.shadowconnect.com/faq.php#desciption

To configure I2O in the 2.6 kernel you have to enable the following modules:

Device Drivers  --->
  I2O device support  --->
     <M> I2O support
     <M>   I2O PCI support
     <M>   I2O Block OSM
     <M>   I2O SCSI OSM
     <M>   I2O /proc support

Anyhow, any assistance in getting beta9 to install on this system would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School