[K12OSN] (OT) K12LTSP/XP dual partition: working ghost image

Nadav Kavalerchik nadavkav at netvision.net.il
Tue Jun 20 05:13:44 UTC 2006

On Monday 19 June 2006 15:51, Alan Hodson wrote:
> Greetings fellow enthusiasts
>
> Faced with budgetary constraints and pressured by inquisitive minds
> there is a need at the district level to look into using PCs (mostly
> Dells) as dual partition machines. While Knoppix and other forensic
> tools provide a way of partitioning, and K12LTSP provides an ideal dual
> desktop environ, the quest for an image tool (not necessarily Open
> Source) is on. Norton/Symantec ghost tool (huge district license) will
> not provide a working image that out techs can "just drop" into a
> machine and have it be reborn as a dual boot system... Is there anybody
> in the list that has had any luck creating a working image of a
> dual-partitioned hard drive?

i used mondo to burn a dvd with the entire hard disk image ( all partitiions,
or just the ones you use) and now we duplicate ltsp machines from this rescue
dvd in 30 min. (on the same hardware)
http://www.mondorescue.org/

if you just want to partition copy on of the partition or save it to a file...
http://www.partimage.org/Main_Page

( i use it too, very cool tool :-)

enjoy :-)