[K12OSN] (OT) K12LTSP/XP dual partition: working ghost image

Thomas E. Haynes haynest at mchsi.com
Tue Jun 20 13:32:40 UTC 2006

I second the Mondo recommendation. This is a really great program, and I
have used it for "bare metal" installations of images. It resizes partitions
to be proportional to the original with just a "nuke" command, so there is
no fooling with partition tables if you are moving to slightly different
hard drive size. It just works.

Somewhere I have a Mondo howto I wrote for the ClarkConnect machine we were
using at the time.

I have also used partimage from the sysrescue CD to restore WinXP and linux
partitions. It requires a little more from the user, but has the option of
installing from a network partition image server. The base image for my
laptop was backed up with partimage, and restored to another partition on
the same machine. Mess with boot.ini, and you can have a "daily driver" and
an installation to play with (and restore if you break it).

Regards...   Tom