[K12OSN] OT: Who is teaching Python?

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 18:05:56 UTC 2006

After reading these links
http://www.byteofpython.info/
http://ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCS/python.php
http://www.cs.sfu.ca/CC/120/ggbaker/references

I am seriously considering switching from teaching C++ to Python next
year in my intro course using my k12ltsp lab.

1) How many other teachers on this list teach Python? I would love to
hear your experiences/recommendations for or against.

2) One thing I am worried about is if 30 kids are running a python
script. Will that bring my server (dual Xeon 2.8 / 4G ram) to it's
knees?

3) Anyone have success teaching pygame at the senior high school
level? Kids love to program games!

--
Robert Arkiletian