[K12OSN] Vmware as base for K12LTSP

Is it worth running K12LTSP as a Vmware virtual machine to make it easier to backup and move from one server to another etc. Or will it add to much overhead. Are there any other disadvantages? e.g. using sound on terminals
I am also considering using VMware for another server I have for asterisk, library system, backuppc and a windows xp install for any legacy apps. If I used the free VMserver what would be the minimum system needed to install it? Ubuntu server? Fedora minimum?

--
Please note my new email address-
krsnendu108 gmail com