Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP - How easy was that!

mvl 1 newulmtel net wrote:
Here's a more basic question: What is rdesktop, and what will it do for you?

I'm really new to this!

I can help with that one

rdesktop is an RDP client which run on Linux

rdesktop will allow you to connect to a Windows XP desktop or Win2K3 terminal server in a similar fashion to VNC

It will allow you to use a windows desktop on your linux terminal

It's not the ideal solution but it can help if you need occasional access to legacy apps. (We have MS Access databases)

see

http://www.rdesktop.org

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rdesktop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vnc

Reading the docs it is in K12LTP 4.4.1 but I can't fathom out how to start it!

HTH

Simon