[K12OSN] Logging Client Boot Messages

Hello:

I asked this question to the LTSP-discuss group with and seemed to confuse everybody, but I think it will make more sense to you all.

Starting with k12 v5 I started seeing the clients logging their boot
messages to /var/log/messages.

Is there a way to make this same thing happen in older versions, it
is so helpful!

Thanks in advance, this is a great tool BTW.