Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP - How easy was that!

You can turn on rdesktop by making a change to the lts.conf file which is in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/ on the server. Look for the SCREEN section and you'll see SCREEN_04 is set for rdesktop (but commented out). Take out the # signs and add the address of your Windows Terminal Server, and then reboot your client. If you leave it set as SCREEN_04, and you don't define SCREEN_02 and SCREEN_03, I'm not sure what happens (I don't use it), but after rebooting the client, you can get to the rdesktop session by pressing Ctl-Alt-F4 (or would it be Ctrl-Alt-F2 if screens 2 & 3 are undefined? Try both.)

Petre

Simon Faulkner wrote:
I'm no Linux expert but I just installed K12LTSP from the 5 CDs and it was a cinch!

I've managed to get 2 old pentiums working so far and I hope to make a small lab for our school for £0.00

One question, How do I start rdesktop?

I can't find an icon anywhere and typing rdesktop just tells me that I can't run binarys

Am I being *very* dumb?