[K12OSN] K12LTSP - How easy was that!

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Jun 21 13:16:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:13:30 -0500, Petre Scheie wrote
> You can turn on rdesktop by making a change to the lts.conf file
> which is in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/ on the server.  Look for the SCREEN
> section and you'll see SCREEN_04 is set for rdesktop (but commented
> out).  Take out the # signs and add the address of your Windows
> Terminal Server, and then reboot your client.  If you leave it set
> as SCREEN_04, and you don't define SCREEN_02 and SCREEN_03, I'm not
> sure what happens (I don't use it), but after rebooting the client,
>  you can get to the rdesktop session by pressing Ctl-Alt-F4 (or
> would it be Ctrl-Alt-F2 if screens 2 & 3 are undefined?  Try both.)

Just to clarify, both mine and Petre's responses go together.  It turns out
that rdesktop doesn't appear to be installed by default, so my instructions
are to get it installed.

Petre's instructions are to set a second desktop to allow toggling between
LTSP and Windows Remote Desktops.