Re: [K12OSN] ot: help with hosed /boot!!!

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 11:39 -0400, Peter Hartmann wrote:
> Hey Folks,
> Ironically I ran into trouble after an image backup with dd.  No thank
> god I didn't image the wrong drive!  When i went to test the back up
> it wouldn't boot - same with the original. /boot seems to be all there
> it's just not bootable anymore.  I'm trying to restore grub with linux
> rescue (centos install ). I do grub-install /dev/fd0 I get :

/dev/fd0 is your floppy, but maybe that was a typo.  You want /dev/sda
for scsi, /dev/hda for IDE.

> Could not find device for /boot/boot: not found or not a block device

Did the rescue boot locate your installed system and mount it
under /mnt/sysinstall for you?  If so, did you do the
chroot /mnt/sysinstall next?

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com