[K12OSN] classroom teachers

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 21:45:22 UTC 2006

Debbie,

It's nice for the techie folks to see firsthand what
the teachers want/need and how they are using the
software.  I think it's also nice for the teachers to
get to know the techie folks on this list.  Some of
them are the actual authors of the software you're
using.  That's something that's fairly unique to open
source software, and it might be something you want to
take advantage of.

Of course, I understand wanting to shield some people
from the technical discussions if that sort of thing
is not interesting and/or might confuse them.  But all
the discussions do have a subject line in them, and
it's easy to skip or delete messages that aren't of
any interest.  I do it all the time--there's way more
discussion taking place on this list than my schedule
allows me to read.

-Rob