Re: [K12OSN] classroom teachers

This is it. If you can ignore the technobabble that comes along for the
ride, this is a great place to do all of that.

I personally like the technobabble ;-)

Actually to Debbie's point, the stated purpose to this listserv is "the technical support and discussion of the K12OS Linux distribution." There doesn't seem to be much if any non-techie talk going on.

Not that I want to receive any of the "start one yourself" postings, I've always wondered why this is still a listserv rather than a more modern web forum format like many other sites have (ie ipcops.com, contribs.org, etc). I'd love to access the postings in somewhat more organized fashion than having everything glommed together. It would be awesome to see sections like INSTALLATION, BETA DISCUSSION, MODS, SOUND SETUP, SERVER HARDWARE, CLIENT HARDWARE, TEACHER TALK, ANNOUNCEMENTS, etc. I don't know much time, money or energy this would entail, it's just a wish on my part.

I don't think a simple google or yahoo group will suffice since I think everything would still be somewhat disorganized. I could start researching what this would entail but I'm sure others on here know way more about it that I would ever know.

John