[K12OSN] screen saver daemon

Could someone please tell me the name of the daemon that I need to
restart/reactivate for the screen saver & monitor power saver in kde?
The situation I've found is that running kde (or sometmes xfce) on a
workstation running k12/fc4 is that my screen saver ceases to function
after a several days of machine uptime.  I'm presuming that some daemon
has died or been accidentally killed because logging out and back into
the session restores the settings & behaviour.  Trouble is I don't want
to do that all the time.  Thanks.

Gavin.