[K12OSN] Persistence caching with rdesktop

Alejandro Sanchez Acosta asanchez at qindel.es
Wed Mar 1 11:55:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

 Here implementing LTSP in an office the rdesktop sessions with Terminal
Server are so slow. I'm trying to use persistence caching (-P) but the
version is so old (1.3.1). Is there a newer LTSP version with K12LTSP?
Anyway using the latest version in another clients, the rdesktop
sessions are still slow, but it enhances a little the windows refresh.

 Testing the RDP client in Windows works fine, so I dont understand
where can be the problem. I'm installing LTSP in the office and first
the users need windows (with open source applications) to start the
migration in a future to the Linux session.

 I need also benchmarks trying differences between using VNC/FreeNX and
the X protocol. VNC connection to the server is faster, but there is a
bottleneck when you try from a X environment in the thin clients.

 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Best regards,
Alejandro.