[K12OSN] SMB and printing problems

Henry Burroughs hburroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Wed Mar 1 18:55:44 UTC 2006

Are these Windows XP/2000 machines?  If so, you have to authenticate as
some user in order to view any shares on the machine (the printer wizard
may be pruning systems that it cannot list printer shares, which would
be the XP based systems).  I've had to manually add the shares for
XP/2000 machines to K12LTSP... it required a username/password
combination.

Henry Burroughs
Technology Director
Hilton Head Preparatory School