[K12OSN] gigabit vs 100Mbit improvement for LTSP

Jack Palmadesso jack.palmadesso at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 16:17:23 UTC 2006

I agree that putting gig is going to help on the terminals overall but I've
seen video performance vary widely across the board depending on the video
card used in the terminal.   I've found older pci ATI cards work pretty
well.  I'd take a look at the video subsystem also.  You will get improved
performance on the terminals by using gig but you might just end up masking
the 'real' problem.  Eventually it will rear its head again someday.

Jack