[K12OSN] gigabit vs 100Mbit improvement for LTSP

light being lighthumor at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 2 20:55:26 UTC 2006

We have no real problems with the responsiveness of the terminals, at
100Mbit - but I would like to improve it, make it as similar to a real
workstation as possible.

As its a cybercafe, most everyone uses Firefox and Gaim or AMSN.  They are
customers - they pay, and could go elsewhere if they don't like it for
whatever reason.

Flash and Java on some pages is slow.  Any webpage with video or animation.
I would like to allow the occasional simple game, also, but that would
quickly kill the bandwidth.

But as we're in brazil and everything costs 3x as much, NXserver is more
within our actual realm of possibilities it seems. .