[K12OSN] gigabit vs 100Mbit improvement for LTSP

Jack Palmadesso jack.palmadesso at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 22:07:21 UTC 2006

I think your problem might be the java games eating up your cpu.  In the lab
setup I ran the cpu was almost 100 all the time when kids were online
playing games.  Usually java was the culprit.  The computer teacher (a
windows guy)  was absolutely amazed that the system was able to take the
pounding it did and not go down.  I think I converted him from the dark side
that year.  :)