[K12OSN] automatic logout after inactivity time

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Fri Mar 3 14:48:58 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 Mar 2006 14:14, Petre Scheie wrote:
> Is there a way to have terminals automatically logoff after a certain
> amount of inactivity time?  Digging through the archives, I saw that David
> Trask and Caleb Wagnon talked about trying to use idled to do this; was
> that successful?  It looks like idled hasn't been updated in about ten
> years; is there any other way to achieve this?

This question pops up quite often and (AFAIK) no one has come up with a
definitive solution.  LOGMON (www.logmon.com) can be used to do what you
want.
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation