[K12OSN] Fl_TeacherTool 0.30 Released

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 00:31:21 UTC 2006

Hey Robert,
Thanks and sorry for the silliness. I forgot that in addition to the
fltk.i386.rpm that I also built a 64 bit version from scratch.    I'm
stuck on the monitoring part however.  from the instructions:

>    #/usr/bin/vncpasswd
>
>    Choose a password and copy the password file into >the ltsp-tree
>
>    #cp -R -p /root/.vnc /opt/ltsp/i386/root/
>
>    Now you must copy the vnc-module and some >libraries into the ltsp-tree:
>
>    #cp /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/vnc.so >/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/
>    #cp /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/lib/

I believe I did all this for Fl_TT 2.  The files are there.
Strangely, lts.conf and bulid_x4_cfg were already edited.  I think
these instuctions must have been up for a while and I've just been
eagerly awaiting your release.

>The next cp creates a backup of the original >libgcc_s.so.1 library.
>
>    #cp /opt/ltsp/i386/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 >/opt/ltsp/i386/lib/libgcc_s.so.1.original

With this part i have a link to a shared library
libgcc_s-3.4.3-20050228.so.1.  So I copied the library, made the
symbolic link from libgcc_s.so.1 and ran ldconfig. Some other things
that I think might be noteworthy:  In the main TT window pids for all
users show up as 1 or 2.  When you hit the view button all the
processes show up though. When I try to monitor I get:

 main:        unable to connect to host: Connection refused (111)

In the command line I also get a lot of:

warning, got duplicate tcp line.

Do you have any Ideas?

Thanks so much Robert!

Peter