[K12OSN] Local Apps How many use this?

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Wed Mar 8 01:27:19 UTC 2006

Hello List,

Just wondering how many are running local apps, on their clients?
Has anyone done any stats, as far as can you run x more clients on a
particular server by running local apps on cleints that have enough soup
to get the job done?
We havent delved into local apps, but thought it may be something worth
giving a shot, if someone has postive things to say , "in the real world"
as far as benefits of it.
I guess one reason is, it seems now that I have been tinkering with Imacs
as thin clients, it seems the Mac's pulls down the servers  more, for the
same number of clients, vesus, PC's. Maybe its my imagination.? Would it
be the Mac  kernel. takes more I/O's? Dont have a clue, I guess?

Any comments, appreciated.

Take Care,

Barry Cisna