[K12OSN] Multimedia on Thin Clients

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Wed Mar 8 04:56:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'd like to be able to view more types of video clips on my thin
clients.  Is anyone here having luck with mpeg video with sound?  I'd
like to store video clips on the server and view them on the clients.
I'd be creating the video from scratch so I can use whatever codecs
work.  If you've got video clips playing I'd like to know:

what k12ltsp version
what window manager/desktop environment
what video player and version
what audio settings
what video settings
what format are the videos - what audio and video codecs
any special tricks you did to make it work.

I suppose that's too much to ask, but I'm really curious about how to
get video playing on my TC's.  I haven't had any luck at all using
mplayer, realplayer or xine.  Gnome or KDE on the latest stabe k12ltsp
distro.

ck