[K12OSN] Starting with NO Thin Clients to PC or to Thin

Mike Ely mely at rogueriver.k12.or.us
Wed Mar 8 16:58:53 UTC 2006

Gideon Romm wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 08:01 -0600, ATM Logic wrote:
>>  I would like to deploy this to a small school for a K-4 enviroment...(20-30
>> Client)
>>

> If sound is important, I would suggest going with an IceWM or Gnome
> desktop environment and esd sound.  I know David Trask and other of my
> friends up in Maine will probably advocate nasd rather than esd, but you
> will get great support either way from this list.

Just a quick side-note to this: ESD will work with KDE as well as Gnome
and IceWM, which should provide more choice to you in your deployment.
The following link works perfectly on my SuSE-based LTSP system without
any rebuilding, and I get all the advantages of KDE along with sound.
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/Sound#aRts

Cheers,
Mike