[K12OSN] Network Printers stop in cups k12ltsp 4.4.1

Glenn Arnold garnold at unrealsolutions.com
Mon Mar 13 04:23:30 UTC 2006

I have been reviewing the k12 archives for this problem which I have
seen the same problem in archive with no answer.  I have networked HP
Laserjet 4000n and Lexmark 240N print queues on the K12 Ltsp 4.4.1
server.  What happens is the print queues stop when the printer runs out
of paper.  Then the queues do not restart until I go into the cups
interface and start the print queues.  Also, I have the HP Laserjet
4000n queue on Redhat ES 3.0 as samba print queue and I do not have this
problem.  I think there is a problem with Fedora's implementation of
cups.  I did yum update which had cups update, but this did not help.
Any ideas?

Thanks
-Glenn