[K12OSN] eMac video driver question

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Tue Mar 14 12:31:02 UTC 2006

Hello List,

I agree with everyone here in that Mac does have some easy to use Video
editing product. But We've been using( on thin clients) Cinerella ,
Blender, Mencoder, Gimp,you can plug in your dig cam through gimp for
instance and you dont have to chase down drivers/installl...yada,,yada,as
you end up doing with Mac or Winders. Gimp will simply "work"with any
usb/firewire interface cam you plug in, and the thing I like about this
stuff it is so, crossplatformable( new word). No proprietary movie formats
with this stuff. Export your vid to whatever vidoe format suits your
fancy.Mov,AVI, WMV,MPEG-2,Mpeg3,mpeg4,VBR,OGG,etc. Plus this stuff is so
much more extensible,than Imovie,etc.In 3 months there are new versions
out you can update to the latest codecs,etc, and no charge! These progs
are not as wizardry as Mac progs but kids can find out real quick the
inner workings  of programs if they are interested in this kind of stuff.
Just my 2cents.

Take care,

Barry Cisna