[K12OSN] terminal local devices - floppy, cdrom, usb - "export local devices

light being lighthumor at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 14 15:10:50 UTC 2006

We're on k12ltsp 4.2.1, and I haven't updated or modified much of it.  I'm
just downloading 4.4.1 now to see if it cures this, and I also want to try
using USB on the clients.

The MtoolsFM actually works, most of the time... however for some reason,
after failing to read a corrupted floppy, it starts giving 'access denied'
messages, on all subsequent floppies.

The real trouble is, first I explain to the users that this isn't windows,
then show them how to access the floppies, then I never know if it's the
floppy that's bad, or the error, or a dirty drive, or...

I can't get people to stop bringing floppies, that's not an option.  People
are not too sophisticated, they have no pendrives, no internet.

I'll be trying that command, too.

Thanks Barry!