[K12OSN] OT: Fedora Core 3, do I need to change update repo in yum?

Dan Young dan_young at mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Mar 15 16:32:18 UTC 2006

Petre Scheie wrote:
> I have a k12ltsp version 4.2.1 system, which is based on Fedora Core 3.
> Does RH still handle the updates for that release?  Or is it considered
> to be part of Fedora Legacy now?  More to the point, do I need to change
> my /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo file to point somewhere else?
> When I run yum, it says everything is up to date; but it occurs to me
> that if the Fedora project is no longer handling updates for this
> 'older' release, then I might be missing updates because I'm no longer
> looking in the right place for them.

FC3 moved to Legacy support when FC5-test2 was released. That's the
pattern; FC(n) goes to legacy when FC(n+2)-test2 is released.

I don't think the repository is included by default; you'll need top
enable it yourself. Updates to several packages have been released,
including httpd, openssh, and firefox.

The Fedora Legacy project has a package that will add their repo to yum.
It's all in their docs:
http://www.fedoralegacy.org/docs/yum-fc3.php

As I understand it, FC5 will be the first Fedora release to include the
Legacy repository by default.

--
Dan Young <dan_young at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services