Rép. : Re: [K12OSN] OT- has anyone used the new 3ware 95 50sx

Quentin Hartman qhartman at lane.k12.or.us
Thu Mar 16 21:39:49 UTC 2006

Guy-Michel Lessard wrote:
> I have found this information on a  forum:
> ------------------
> We've also tested these cards running Debian stable with a 2.6.15 kernel
> (the 9550SX support was added in 2.6.13 or 2.6.14). In 32-bit mode,
> everything works wonderfully. Haven't tested 64-bit yet.
> ------------------------------
> They got this hardware going in BSD.

I have a 3ware 9000 series card (don't remember precisely which model ATM)
running 8 SATA drives in raid 5 with a hot spare in hot-swap cages for my
backup server. It has been rock solid since I put it up about 6 months
ago. It's running Debian testing. About the only downside I can see is
that their management software is readily available as Debian packages as
far as I can see, so installing that was a little tricky-ish.

--
-Regards-

Quentin Hartman
Technology Coordinator