[K12OSN] UDP checksum error on client when loading kernel

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Sat Mar 18 15:30:25 UTC 2006

I've got a Compaq Presario 5838 that I'm trying to setup as a client.
It's got a PCI ethernet card in it, for which I've been trying to use
one of the MTD80x boot images from rom-o-matic.  The client gets an IP
address, and starts to load the kernel, but then I get a UDP checksum
error, as follows:

and it just keeps repeating the error.  I tried a Realtek-based ethernet
card in the machine and it worked just fine, so I suspect it's something
funky with this card.  Puppy linux works just fine with it, using a
'fealnx' ethernet driver.  Any suggestions for a boot floppy?  Do I need
to add some custom options to the file I get from rom-o-matic?

Petre