[K12OSN] Brodcasting to Wireless 2.4 connections...

ssanders at coin.org ssanders at coin.org
Mon Mar 20 00:54:22 UTC 2006

It's good you have the tower/radio part in place, because that's usually
the expensive and physically difficult part! 900mhz is great for burning
through trees and has good range, but remember it has a smaller pipe
than 2.4ghz which will make it serve less people. LTSP is running the
whole desktop, GUI and applications through the network, so I still
think that you won't be able to serve 200 people on the bandwidth
available. I would suggest joining the WISP forum and check with them.