[K12OSN] Fedora Core 5 Released

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Mon Mar 20 17:29:08 UTC 2006

Oh, I know that yum is accessible from the menus.  One thing I left out from the notes
is that the instructions for installing the terminal are shown like this:

You can install it using the following command:

yum install nautilus-open-terminal

So, the notes suggest using a command-line to install a command-line.  Perhaps this is
one of those recursive programmer jokes.  Humor aside, I question the wisdom of not
including a terminal by default in a Unix-like system as I think most people would
expect one without needing to manually install it.  But perhaps I'm just old fashioned.