[K12OSN] Server Motherboard Recommendation

Daniel Loomis drloomis at cox-internet.com
Mon Mar 20 23:35:05 UTC 2006

Mike,

Thanks for the suggestions on fixing the old Tyan S2460 server.  I
changed out the power supply with a new 400w model from Antec, but no
help there.  I just purchased new heatsinks, fans and a tube of Arctic
Silver to install on the old beast.  For now I have only been able to
keep the server going by removing it from the case and letting it run
"naked" i.e. without benefit of case.

I would still like to receive recommendations for a new MB.  We are
talking about doing trying to do some video editing on thin clients and
the extra horsepower would be very useful.  I have also considered using
openmosix to cluster several boxes together for more horsepower.  I just
don't know if any of the popular video editing suites are multithreaded.

Dan