[K12OSN] Mail data base

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Mar 21 17:27:52 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 10:11, Shawn Powers wrote:
> Scott Sherrill wrote:
> > Management of the lists is all web based
> > and straight forward.....Adding/removing addresses is all clicky clicky.
>
> While I'm a huge fan of mailman too -- sometimes adding lists is a pain
> in the arse.  With my sendmail install, I need to manually add a big
> list of aliases to my /etc/aliases file and run 'newaliases' before the
> list will work.

It's only a problem if you aren't used to command lines and
editing config files.  The trick is to run the command to add
the new list in one window while you edit /etc/aliases in
another.  Then just copy/paste the entries the command generates
into the other window with a highlight/middle-click.

There is also a webmin module at
but I haven't tried it.

--
  Les Mikesell